Your membership dues and other contributions directly support the preservation and sharing of the history of Ledyard and Gales Ferry. Our ongoing expenses include:
- Website hosting and maintenance
- Support for 24/7 access to our digital collections
- Archival supplies for documents, photos, maps, slides, diaries, textiles, and many other items in the Nathan Lester House and Janice W. Bell Historical Research Room collections
- Digital media for backup copies of digital images and documents for preservation purposes
- Special events and meeting supplies
- Printing and mailing our newsletter “The Acorn”
Becoming active with the Ledyard Historical Society is a rewarding way to learn about the local community and meet new people. Any help, large or small, is welcome with community events or put your talents to work or learn new skills assisting with the collections at the Bell Room or Nathan Lester House. We love helpers! Families are welcome!